- Bruce, C., Pham, B. andStoodley, I. (2004) Constituting the significance and value of research: views from Information Technology academics and industry professionals. Studies in Higher Education, 29 (2), pp219-238.
- Edwards, S. and Bruce, C. (2004) The Assignment that Triggered Change: Assessment and the relational learning model for generic capabilities. Assessment and Evaluation in Higher Education, vol 9, (2), pp. 141-157.
- Bruce, C., Buckingham, L., Hynd, J., McMahon, C., Roggenkamp, M. and Stoodley, I. (2004) Ways of experiencing the act of learning to program: a phenomenographic study of introductory programming students at university, Journal of Information Technology Education. Vol. 3, pp 143- 160.
- Bruce, C. Buckingham, L. Hynd, J. McMahon, C. Roggenkamp, M. and Stoodley, I. (2004) Ways of Experiencing the Act of Learning to Program: A Phenomenographic Study of Introductory Programming Students at University. For Bruce, C. et al (Eds) (in press) Transforming IT Education: Promoting a Culture of Excellence. Informing Science Press eISBN
- Stoodley, I. Bruce, C. and Christie, R. (2004) Masters Students’ Experiences of Learning to Program: An Empirical Model. For Bruce, C et al (Eds) (in press) Transforming IT Education: Promoting a Culture of Excellence. Informing Science Press eISBN
- Bruce, C., Keynote Address to the 3rd Lifelong Learning Conference, Yeppoon, June 2004 “Information Literacy as a catalyst for educational change” UNESCO Background paper reprinted with permission in “Lifelong Learning: Who’s responsibility and what is your contribution?”. Papers from the 3rd Lifelong Learning Conference.
- Tickle, A.B. and Bruce, C. Industry Ready and Future Proofed, Presentation for the Singapore Polytechnic Conference, May, 2004.
- Edwards, S., Bruce, C., and McAllister, L., et al Information Literacy Research: the consolidation of a theme. Paper for the ALIA Research Workshop, QUT, Brisbane, September 2004.
Conference Papers (Refereed)
- Bruce, C., Christie, R., and Stoodley, I. (2004) Conversion Masters students’ experiences of learning to program: an empirical model. QUALIT 2004, Griffith University, Brisbane, Nov 2004.